Sunday, January 26, 2014

Cigar Boxes - Cheap Pen Storage


by Tony Thomas

I have recently developed a love of wooden cigar boxes. Not only are they cheap and good looking, they smell great and are perfect for fountain pen storage.

On the bottom of each box, I just use inexpensive vinyl shelf liner. If you are more crafty, you can also use slotted display trays from a company called GoPens.

Need some cigar boxes? Visit your local tobacco shop and they will probably sell them to you for somewhere around $2-5 each.  Some shops will even give you a few for free.  You can also find nicer ones on eBay or order ten of them for around $25 + S/H from a company called Thompson Cigars.  Give them a try!



1 comment:

  1. I'm a fan a cigar box storage and have some nicely refinished ones from BamaPen at http://cigarboxpenstorage.wordpress.com/. He did a great job on the two I own and I will be buying two more soon.

    ReplyDelete